TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The following Regulations are the Terms and Conditions defining the rights and obligations of the Participants of the Neuronus Neuroscience Forum (hereinafter referred to as the “Conference”), hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”.
2. The Organizer of the Neuronus Neuroscience Forum is the Student Neuroscience Society Neuronus of the Jagiellonian University, hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”.
3. The Conference is held in Krakow, 15-17 October 2022, as a traditional, in-person Conference. The Organizer reserves the right to change the date and form of the Conference, committing itself to inform Participants by email, publish information about the changes on the website and on the social network site.
1. The right to participate in the Conference is granted to high school students, undergraduate and graduate students, PhD students, post-docs, professors, industry representatives, researchers and other interested entities.
2. A Participant of the Conference is any person who, during registration period, filled in the application form and paid the Conference Fee in the amount indicated on the Conference website. After registration deadline, registration will not be available, unless the Organizer extends the date.
3. The Conference Participant accepts the Regulations of the facility where the Conference takes place.
4. The Participant has the right to choose one of the two forms of participation in the Conference:
- active participation: The Participant gives a presentation during one of the thematic sessions and/or presents a poster with the results of own research,
- passive participation: The Participant takes part in the Conference as a listener.
5. Active Participants are required to send abstracts and give presentations within the time limits set by the Organizer. The Participant will be informed about the acceptance of the poster/abstract by e-mail indicated in the registration form.
6. After arriving at the Conference site, the Participant should report to the Registration Office, where he will receive an ID badge and Conference materials. The Participant should have an ID badge in a visible place throughout the Conference.
7. The Participant will receive a certificate of participation in the Conference. The certificate contains information on the name, place and date of the Conference, name and surname of the Participant and the form of participation in the Conference, and in the case of active participation - the title of the presentation.
1. Information on the amount of the Conference Fee and money transfer details is announced by the Organizer on the Conference website.
2. The Conference Fee includes: participation in the Conference, Conference materials, catering, , welcome reception, and participation in the Conference activities. Accommodation is not included (except for invited speakers).
3. The Participant may receive an invoice for participation in the Conference. The invoice is issued in electronic form and will be uploaded to your account after receiving the payment. The condition for receiving an invoice is to provide the data for the document.
4. After resignation, the Participant may transfer the Conference Fee to another Conference Participant. In this case, the Participant should send a request to the Organizers e-mail address, additionally providing the details of the Participant to whom the Conference Fee is transferred.
1. The Organiser determines the Conference programme and has the right to make changes to it, also on the day of the event, including changes to the schedule and sequence of presentations.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to select submitted abstracts and to qualify them for presentation in the form of an oral presentation or as a poster, as well as to reject the proposed topic.
3.Conference topics cover neuroscience, which will be grouped into four areas: biological, cognitive, medical and computational. Reviews will not be accepted.
4. The Participant takes full responsibility for all materials, information, statements and presentations made by them during the Conference. The Participant is obliged to ensure that all statements and presentations do not violate the law or the rights or personal property of third parties.
1. I consent to the processing of my personal data, including my image for the purpose of teaching, research or scientific purposes in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws of May 24, 2018, item 1000) and Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and in accordance with the information clause attached to my consent.
2. In addition, I declare that pursuant to art. 81 par. 1 of the act on copyright and related rights dated February 4, 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2004, item 880, as amended), I agree to the dissemination of my image by the Jagiellonian University, free of charge, as a part of Neuronus 2022 Neuroscience Forum by means of: recording, making multiple reproductions using any and all techniques, disseminating, using, marketing, lending, using in public performances, embedding, displaying, (re)playing, broadcasting, providing public access, archiving, in particular on websites, social media, and promotional events of the Jagiellonian University.
3. With regards to the use of my image I waive:
- the right to inspect and approve each time my image is used, including the right of approval in relation to the final form of materials of the Jagiellonian University, in which my image is used;
- the right to identify me as the person visible on the materials of the Jagiellonian University, and in particular to indicate my name and surname, each time my image is used;
4. I also declare that I have read the material mentioned above and it does not violate my personal rights.
5. The Jagiellonian University has the right to authorize other entities to use my image on the terms set out in this authorization.
1. According to art. 13 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (...) ("General Regulation"), hereinafter referred to as "GDPR", the Jagiellonian University informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Jagiellonian University, with headquarters at 24 Gołębia Street, Cracow 31-007.
- The Data Protection Supervisor, appointed by the University, is based at room no. 5, 24 Gołębia street, Cracow 31-007. The Officer can be contacted in person from Monday to Friday (8:30 am CET - 3:30 pm CET) or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone – 12 663 12 25.
2. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of performance of the contract, the subject of which is participation in the Conference Neuronus Neuroscience Forum, as well as the registration preceding it, pursuant to art. 6 par. 1it. B GDPR.
3. Providing your personal data is a condition for the conclusion and implementation of the contract, i.e., registration and participation in the aforementioned Conference.
4. Your personal data will be made available to IT companies servicing the aforementioned Conference based on data entrustment agreements concluded by the University.
5. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries (outside the European Economic Area) or to international organizations.
6. Your data will be stored for the duration of the organization of the Conference and until the final settlement and the closing of the Conference, and until the expiration of the statute of limitations for claims that may arise from the performance of the contract referred to 10.3.
7. You have the right to: access your data and rectify it, delete it (unless further processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations or to establish, investigate or defend claims), limit its processing, transfer such data, object to its processing.
8. Your personal data will not be subject to automatic decision making or profiling.
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection if you feel that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the provisions of the General Regulation.
1. The Participant is required to follow the instructions given by the Organizer, as well as to the instructions given by the Emergency Services (Fire Brigade, Emergency Medical Services, Police).
2. The Participant is required to behave in a way that does not endanger his health and safety and that of other people present at the Conference.
3. In case of noticing a threat to the health and life of the people present at the Conference, the Participant is required to immediately notify the Organizer or the relevant Emergency Services about this fact.
4. It is forbidden for the Participant to bring weapons, ammunition, explosives, flammable or toxic substances and other items generally considered dangerous, e.g. a knife, to the Conference area.
5. The Organizer is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items on the premises of the Jagiellonian University during the Conference.
1. The Organizer undertakes to respect epidemiological safety rules in accordance with the current legal status and recommendations of the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
2. The Organizer commits to appoint a person whose task is to prepare and implement all necessary procedures regarding SARS-CoV-2 at the Conference.
3. A Participant taking part in a traditional in-person form of Conference cannot, to the best of his knowledge, be infected with the SARS-CoV-2 Virus, participation is also not recommended when having symptoms accompanying this infection, e.g. fever, cough and shortness of breath, when experiencing them, the Participant should stay at home/in a hotel and contact a doctor or regional sanitary and epidemiological station or an infectious ward, and in the event of deterioration of health, call 999 or 112 and report their symptoms.
4. The Participant commits to cover their mouth and nose with a mask, keep a distance of 1.5m whenever possible, disinfect their hands at the entrance to the building where the Conference is held. In addition, the Participant commits to monitor and comply with the current recommendations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding travelling from abroad, the Ministry of Health and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate. It is possible to get acquainted with them on the following websites: Travel Reccomendations, Current Sanitary Recomendations.
1. Registering for the Conference is considered equivalent to accepting these Terms and Conditions and is a form of commitment between the parties.
2. The Regulations of the Civil Code apply to all matters not regulated by these Regulations.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to change the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. The changes will become valid once they are published on the Organiser's website.