Call for symposia
Proposal submission deadline: October 25th 2017
1. Symposium should last approximately 90 minutes, and be composed of talks of the Invited Speaker and 3-4 talks given by early-career researchers.
2. Symposium Organizer is asked to submit using the form below:
a) the title and the abstract (max. of 1 page) describing general focus of the symposium (the title should ideally match the session titles from previous years, e.g. “Neurophysiology”, “Pain”, “Affective Neuroscience”, please consult the program at http://neuronusforum.pl/previous-editions/
b) the name of the major speaker of the session - an Invited Speaker - who will act as a session chairman.
3. Symposium Organizer is asked to contact the Invited Speaker before submitting the proposal to ensure her/his willingness to participate and the availability for the NEURONUS 2018 Forum.
4. We encourage Symposium Organizers to suggest Invited Speakers who were not previously presenting at the NEURONUS Forums.
5. Early-career speakers may be proposed by the Symposium Organizer. At least two of early-career speakers must be at pre-doctoral level. If proposed, Symposium Organizer should provide a brief information about the content of their talks (max. 150 words abstracts).
6. Affiliations of early-career speakers must be different.
7. Symposium Organizer can also decide to leave empty slots for early-career speakers. They will be assigned by the Scientific Committee, based on submitted abstracts, to match the general focus of the symposium.
8. Gender diversity among speakers will be highly appreciated.
9. Wide range of approaches and/or methods within the session will also be appreciated.
10. Conference Organizers can cover the costs of fee, accommodation and travel costs of the Invited Speaker, however can not cover the costs of fee and travel of other speakers within the session.
11. Symposium proposal should be submitted for evaluation before October 25th 2017.
12. The decision upon accepting the symposium will be taken by the Scientific Committee, and communicated to the Symposium Organizer before October 31st 2017.
13. Only upon accepting the proposal, Symposium Organizer will be asked to formalize the invitation of the Invited Speaker. Additionally, Symposium Organizer should ensure that all speakers will submit the final version of their abstracts, and register for the conference via the webpage in due time.